Friday, August 3, 2007

Wages of Sin almost done... (Originally Posted Friday, October 27, 2006)








We start this project in June of this year and it's taken far longer than I expected or wanted, but it's even better than I imagined so far and we've gotten much co-operation. What I wanted was an ultra low budget action with a decent story and all fights, no car chases, explosions or wire tricks.We understood our budget and how to make the best of it. First we had to get professional actors and that started with CiCi Foster, Felicia Danisor, Mike Armon, Tonee Dang (who also appears in JR2's film "The Wait") and our stable guys Michael MacRae and Glenn Dhont.

I started with a single goal, good versus evil in an urban martial arts smack down. I'd do my own fights and stunts not to mention all the choreo so fights turned out the way I wanted to see them, broken down eighties style with a modern chop socky twist moving along in a video game fashion, no fight in the same place, escalating to a crescendo. I threw in a few gun battles but I mainly wanted to keep it martial arts oriented. We made some great discoveries along the way like an incredible fighter by the name of Brian Kung not to mention Bob, Kevin and a "gaggle" of stunt people willing put the smack down and be smacked down for this film. It's a great experience that will be over probably by next month.

Right now we are getting ready to do a fight scene tomorrow with Riti Madugula. This will be her last scene and we'll be wrapping on her then if all goes well by next week we'll have the opening witness protection scene done. I've uploaded some stuff to youtube.com if you're interested including a 30 second fight, (just search on there for Nathyn Brendan Masters) so I hope to come back here tomorrow with good news. Peace out.

-Nate

No comments: